Dramatic Writing Teacher Training
The Georgia Film Academy created a one-week, rigorous, strategically designed teacher training program for this new ELA requirement option course. This one-week training is led by theatre, film & TV industry professionals, and ELA curriculum experts. Nearly 200 teachers from across the state of Georgia completed the training to this date.
In partnership with the Georgia Department of Education and Fayette County Schools, the Georgia Film Academy helped create Dramatic Writing for Film, Television, and Theatre I for the state of Georgia. Approved by the GA DOE board (May 2018), as well as USG and TCSG admissions, students can take this course as an English Language Arts requirement option.
One-Week Training Program
- Partnership with GA DOE for the new Dramatic Writing for Film, Television, and Theatre I
- ELA Requirement Option
- Led by industry and curriculum experts
- Micro-endorsement through the GaPSC included
Extensive Retention Program
- Regular follow-up with teachers
- Social forum to share best practices
- Retention meetings
- Guest speakers/visits
Full-Year Classroom Curriculum
- Created by industry and Curriculum experts
- Aligned to DOE standards
- Includes pacing guides, unit plans, lesson plans, PPTs, and so much more!
2023 Dates TBD